We all love snacks and just because we want to eat healthy, that doesn’t mean snacks need to suffer. Need some fresh new ideas for treats – lunchbox or otherwise? Try these:
- Mix nuts, dried fruits and cereal for a trail mix – and add just a few chocolate chips or M&Ms to boot
- Freeze yogurt tubes. They’ll help keep the rest of your lunch cool
- String cheese and whole-grain crackers
- Raw carrots and zucchini rounds, cut with a veggie garnishing tool for fancy edges
- Peanut butter sandwich, cut into a grid of 16 mini squares.
- Fresh berries
- Fruit pieces skewered on toothpicks, served with a sour cream dip