Kids and adults alike look forward to watching the sky explode with colorful light on the 4th of July. While fireworks are fun to watch they are not the safest form of entertainment. Before lightening up fireworks review safety tips to prevent you or a family member from getting hurt.
- Never leave your children alone with any fireworks.
- Always read and follow label direction on all fireworks.
- Buy your fireworks from a reliable seller.
- Only use fireworks outdoors.
- Always have water near by.
- When you’re finished with the fireworks place them in a bucket of water before disposing.
- Only light one firework at a time.
- Never try to re-light a “dud” firework.
- Store fireworks in a cool, dry place.
- Never throw or point fireworks at anyone.
- Do not carry fireworks in your pockets.
- Never shoot fireworks in a metal or glass container.
- Wear eye protection when shooting the firework.
- Never have any part of your body over the firework.
If you follow proper safety tips fireworks can be safe and fun.