Customer Coupon Acceptance Guidelines
Brookshire Grocery Company stores accept legitimate manufacturer and store coupons subject to the guidelines provided below.
- Coupons must be presented at the time of purchase. Coupons cannot be redeemed for cash at a later date without manager approval.
- Cashiers will accept coupons subject to the requirements provided on the coupon such as expiration date, product type, size, quantities and dollar purchase limits.
- Coupons will not be accepted without the purchase of the item(s) required by the coupon.
- Coupons cannot be redeemed for an amount greater than the purchase value of the item (no cash value).
- Only one manufacturer coupon may be redeemed for each item purchased.
- All physical coupons must have a barcode and will be scanned. All Mobile Coupons must have a valid coupon code.
- Limit of one manufacturer coupon per Buy One Get One offer.
- Buy One Get One coupon amounts will be redeemed for the lesser priced item.
- Doubling and tripling of coupons will be offered on a store by store basis as determined by Brookshire Grocery Co.
- Any item returned for a refund will be refunded for the actual price paid. The value of any coupon used to purchase the item will not be refunded.
- Management has the right to refuse any coupon or to limit quantities.
- Super 1 Foods does not accept competitor coupons.
- Printable Coupons for "FREE product" (i.e., no purchase required) will not be accepted. It is an industry standard not to produce Printable Coupons for free products.
Mobile Coupon Acceptance Guidelines
- Only Mobile Coupons originating from Super 1 Foods will be accepted.
- Mobile Coupons must include a valid coupon code.
- Mobile Coupons must be presented to the cashier from a mobile device.
- Mobile Coupon offers may not be combined with manufacturer or Printable Coupons for the same item (no “stacking”). The Mobile Coupon offer will NOT be applied if a manufacturer paper is also presented for the same item.
- Mobile Coupons are non-transferable.
Double/Triple Coupon Acceptance Guidelines
- Limit four double and/or triple coupons for any particular item. Additional LIKE product coupons will be redeemed at face value only.
- Customer must purchase products and sizes specified on the coupon.
- All coupon redemption is subject to stock on hand.
- Offer applies only to manufacturers’ cents-off coupons for items we carry and not to free coupons, Super 1 Foods store coupons or other retail food store coupons.
- Amount redeemed may equal, but cannot exceed the retail price of the item. Therefore, an item can be free if the value of the coupon when doubled or tripled equals or exceeds the price of the item. There is no refund of cash for the difference in excess of the retail price of the item.
- Collection of sales tax: TEXAS: On all coupons tax is collected on the NET value of taxable items (difference between retail price and cash rebate). LOUISIANA and ARKANSAS: On Manufacturers’ Coupons tax is collected on the retail value of taxable items before cash rebate. On “store coupons” tax is collected on the NET value of taxable items (difference between retail price and cash rebate).
General Rule for Double/Triple Coupons – Coupons over the advertised limit will be redeemed at face value.
Printable Coupons Acceptance Guidelines Super 1 Foods (BGC) stores accept manufacturers’ and store coupons printed at home (Printable Coupons), within the guidelines stated below.
BGC stores will only accept legitimate Printable Coupons. BGC employees and customers are asked to help in the prevention of coupon fraud commonly found on the internet, through emails and social networks, by using the following guidelines.
Printable Coupons must have a valid barcode and scan properly at the register. Printable Coupons are delivered using special software, designed to print a properly rendered barcode and limit the number printed. Printable Coupons contain unique numbers provided to BGC in advance. Our systems are programmed as needed to accept legitimate Printable Coupons that are scanned.
Printable Coupons for "FREE product" (i.e., no purchase required) will not be accepted. It is an industry standard not to produce Printable Coupons for free products.
Printable Coupons for “Buy-one-get-one-free” and other similar Printable Coupons that have a purchase requirement are acceptable.
Legitimate Printable Coupons are sent directly to a printer after clicking on a link in a web browser or email. They will not appear on your computer screen, or be sent as a graphic or PDF or be in a Word document. Consumers should print the coupon directly from the website or email that is offering it to ensure the coupon is legitimate.
Legitimate Printable Coupons are never copied, sold or traded. Nearly all coupons are “non-transferable” meaning they should not be photocopied or scanned and distributed to others. Legitimate coupons are never sold and you should not pay for someone’s “time to clip” or other service fee.
Printable Coupons may be rejected if they appear out of proportion or blurry, or are obvious duplicates. Management reserves the right to limit Printable Coupon quantities and to refuse any Printable Coupon.
For customer convenience, Printable Coupons can be validated at http://www.veri-fi.com.